- "Activate" means the initial loading of value onto a Gift Card.
- "Expiry Date" means the date, being three (3) years from the date of purchase of the Gift Card, after which any Remaining Gift Card Value will not be available for redemption.
- "Gift Card" means a Questacon Gift Card issued in conventional plastic form that you have either purchased or received.
- "Questacon" means the Commonwealth of Australia as represented by Questacon, a division of the Department of Industry, Science and Resources (ABN: 74 599 608 295).
- "Questacon Parkes" means Questacon - the National Science and Technology Centre located at King Edward Terrace, Parkes ACT 2600.
- "Questacon Shop" means the physical Questacon shop located at Questacon Parkes.
- "Questacon Ticket Desk" means the front ticket desk located at Questacon Parkes.
- "Remaining Gift Card Value" means, at any time, that portion of the initial value loaded onto your Gift Card which is unspent and which can be accessed by using the Gift Card in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- "Terms & Conditions" means the Terms & Conditions set out herein and the Terms & Conditions on the back of the Gift Card.
- a reference to "you" or "your" is a reference to the person who is taken to agree to these Terms & Conditions under Clause 2; and
- except where the contrary intention is expressed, the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
Agreeing to the Terms & ConditionsThese Terms & Conditions apply to all Gift Cards issued by Questacon. You agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions by purchasing a Gift Card. You will continue be bound by these terms when activating, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Card. If you are giving a Gift Card to another person, you must ensure that the recipient is aware of these Terms & Conditions that apply to the Gift Card, including when the Gift Card’s Expiry Date.
Redeeming the Gift Card
Gift Cards are only redeemable at Questacon Parkes in the Questacon Shop, or at the Questacon Ticket Desk. Gift Cards may only be used to purchase Questacon memberships, shop products or entry tickets purchased at the door in Questacon Parkes.
Gift Cards are not redeemable at the Questacon Online Shop, Atomic Café or Questacon special events and programs.
Gift Cards may not be exchanged (wholly or partly) for cash.
If the relevant order exceeds the Remaining Gift Card Value, then you will be required to pay for the difference in price between the Remaining Gift Card Value and the retail price of the goods or services. No change will be given for any Remaining Gift Card Value. The Remaining Gift Card Value may be used in whole or part against future purchases until the Expiry Date.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the Gift Card will be taken to be the owner of the Gift Card. Please contact Questacon immediately if your Gift Card has been lost or stolen.
Questacon reserves the right to refuse to redeem your Gift Card if:
- Your Gift Card has been reported as lost, stolen, damaged or deleted;
- Questacon believes (or reasonably suspects) that you have used (or will use) your Gift Card contrary to these Terms and Conditions; or
- Questacon has identified an error in regards to the available balance of your Gift Card.
If Questacon suspects any fraud relating to a Gift Card, Questacon may in its sole discretion refuse to redeem the Gift Card.
Questacon may re-issue a faulty or damaged Gift Card only where the fault or damage to the Gift Card is proven to be a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Questacon. All other faulty or damaged Gift Cards will not be re-issued.
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card, and are liable for all transactions made using your Gift Card.
You have certain rights under the Australian consumer legislation which cannot be excluded and are not affected by these Terms & Conditions. Except for those statutory rights, any conditions implied by any other laws are excluded from these Terms & Conditions.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Questacon will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) howsoever caused, nor will Questacon be in default under these Terms & Conditions, for failure to observe or perform any of Questacon's obligations under these Terms & Conditions for any reason or cause except if caused by Questacon's gross negligence.
To the extent permitted by law, if Questacon is liable to you, Questacon's maximum aggregate liability to you is limited to the Remaining Gift Card Value on your Gift Card.
Changes to Terms & Conditions
Errors and Complaints
If you have questions or if you wish to make a complaint about your Gift Card, please contact the Questacon Shop team:
Phone: +61 2 6270 2822
Shipping and delivery for Gift Cards
Gift Cards purchased online via Questacon's website may incur an additional delivery fee.
Orders are sent by standard parcel post through Australia Post. This does not include insurance or registered mail of any kind. Orders can be sent to residential or business addresses as well as PO boxes within Australia.
Questacon endeavours to process all orders within 48 hours. Questacon cannot guarantee delivery dates.
Questacon is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988(Cth).
Questacon's privacy notice explains how Questacon handles personal information that may be collected from you with respect to Gift Cards. Questacon's privacy notice is available online at https://www.industry.gov.au/publications/privacy-policy or by calling Questacon on (02) 6270 2800.
If you are purchasing a Gift Card on behalf of someone else and you provide Questacon with another person's personal information for the purposes of issuing the Gift Card, you are warranting that you have the other person's consent to do so. You must also provide that other person with a copy of these Terms & Conditions which includes details of how personal information will be handled.