65 million people currently live in India’s urban slums, and this number is rapidly growing. With limited access to basic needs, these people survive on less than $2.00 a day, and cannot afford healthy lighting options at night. In the slums, kerosene is commonly burnt to give light, and this has a detrimental effect on the people’s health.
Pollinate energy aims to improve the lives of India’s urban poor, through the provision of a safe and affordable lighting source. The Solar Lamp gets its power from the sun, and after a day of charging, can provide light for six hours. Questacon has collaborated with Pollinate Energy in order to support this initiative, and all profits from the sale of the Solar Lamp goes to Pollinate Energy's work. This initiative aligns with Solar Aid’s (an international charity aiming to combat poverty and climate change) goal to eradicate the use of kerosene lamps which works towards the achievement of the UN’s sustainable Development goals. The Australian Government supports the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Great for camping and late night walks, the Solar Lamp is an affordable tough solar light perfect for many applications. The light can be hung from the ceiling, used as a handheld torch, used on its stand as a reading light, and even attached to the included strap and worn as a head-torch.
FEATURES & SPECS
- Six hours of light when fully charged
- 18 lumen LED light – two times brighter than kerosene
- 50mA integrated solar panel
- Adjustable and detachable stand that gives the light height for use as a study lamp, and also allows it to be hung
- Slots to use with the included Questacon branded head strap
- Water resistant
- One year warranty – simply return it to your nearest Pollinate Energy or Questacon agent
- Dimensions: 165 x 105 x 74mm