Typhoid fever still exists in developing countries affecting over 20 million people a year. The bacterium Salmonella typhi only lives in humans, in your blood and intestine. The bacteria is passed from human to human by eating or drinking contaminated food or water. Symptoms include haemorrhagic rash, intestinal ulceration and extremely high fever which can persist for over a month. Without treatment around one in five people die from Typhoid Fever. Mild cases can be confused with the flu, and recovered or undiagnosed cases may still shed the bacteria… All in all, one to avoid, except in Giant plush form!
Giant Microbes make excellent teaching aids as they assist students to develop an understanding of biology while taking a fun, hands on approach.
Typhoid Fever is 145mm high, 60mm wide and 50mm thick, made of red medium pile polyester plush with polyester filling, red knitted cords and plastic eyes.
Not for children under three years of age as parts may dislodge and become a choking hazard.