Click and Collect now available Details

Toxic Mould - Giant Microbe

Not rated yet

Toxic mould is not a "fun guy" to have hanging around your home.

  • $14.00
Qty:  
< View all items in Brands
  • Weight
    0.04 kg

Originally found in straw, where it made animals ill, Toxic Mould (Stachybotrys chartarum) is partly responsible for Sick Building Syndrome and can cause respiratory issues like wheezing and coughing as well as fever, sinus and nasal congestion. Ordinary bathroom mould is different - some form of plant material called cellulose is required for Toxic Mould to grow. Materials like wallpaper, fibreboard even dust and lint are suitable environments for this fungus to grow. Toxic Mould also has a particularly high water requirement, so is typically associated with wetter and cooler climates as well as flooding or plumbing problems. Fortunately Toxic Mould isn't very common in the southern states and territories of mainland Australia due to our relatively warm and dry climate.

Giant Microbes make excellent teaching aids as they assist students to develop an understanding of biology while taking a fun, hands on approach.

Toxic Mould is 180mm high, 95mm wide and 105mm thick, made of black medium pile polyester plush with polyester filling and plastic eyes.

Not for children under three years of age as parts may dislodge and become a choking hazard

Customer reviews
Please sign in to add review
There are no comments yet. Be the first to leave a comment

Bestsellers

Customers who bought this product also bought

Customers who viewed this product bought