Don't let a pox end up on your house -- or anyone else's house.
So cute we sometimes have to persuade customers NOT to buy it for their children! However, like many of the Giant Microbe collection, the real thing is not so appealing. Pox, also known as Sphyllis,is caused by a cork screw shaped bacteria (Treponema pallidum). This disease is often found in conjunction with The Clap (Gonorrhea), it also shares problems like developing antibiotic resistance and 500% increased risk of HIV transmission. Historical treatments like mercury and arsenic now sound worse than the disease! Long term effects include spinal deformity and brain damage which is eventually terminal. Prevention is so much better than cure!
A surprisingly popular joke gift for friends and partners, Giant Microbes also make excellent teaching aids as they assist students to develop an understanding of biology while taking a fun, hands on approach.
The Pox is 75mm high, 130mm wide and 75mm thick, made of pink medium pile polyester plush with polyester filling and plastic eyes.
Not for children under three years of age as parts may dislodge and become a choking hazard.