Gain an excellent introduction to chemistry with this exceptional experiment kit. Dissolving metals with electro-chemical reactions, using chromatography to reveal the colour components of markers and splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen with electrolysis are just some of the remarkable experiments possible with Chemistry C1000. Use everyday household items such as soaps, detergents, sugar, honey, starch and eggs to analyse their chemical properties while taking a fun, hands-on approach.
Some topics covered include:
- Making invisible ink
- Splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen
- Discovering the properties of soaps and detergents
- Generating Oxygen from Hydrogen Peroxide
The 80-page, full-colour experiment manual guides you through each of the 125 experiments with clear instructions for preparing and performing the experiments. Safety advice and precautions are provided and explanations, questions and answers about the observed occurrences and results are included.
The equipment included in this kit:
- Protective goggles
- 2 x Dropper pipette
- Clip for 9-volt battery
- Safety cap with dropper insert
- Copper wire
- 2 x Large graduate beaker
- 2 x Lids for graduate beaker
- 4 x Test tube
- Test tube brush
- Rubber stopper with hole
- Rubber stopper without hole
- Small bottle for litmus solution
- Lid opener
- Double-headed measuring spoon
- Angled glass tube
- Experiment station
- Sodium carbonate, Potassium hexacyanoferrate(II), Calcium hydroxide, Ammonium iron(III) sulphate, Copper (II) sulfate, Citric acid, Litmus powder
We also stock more advance kits like the C2000 and C3000.
To be used solely under the strict supervision of adults who have studied the precautions given in the experimental set.
Recommended for 10 year olds and over as some chemicals are potential safety hazards. Not suitable for children under three years of age.
Packaging size: 370 x 290 x 80mm
Shipping Note: This item contains regulated chemicals and cannot be shipped via airmail.